If the roof on your home doesn’t fit the cookie cutter mold of being a peaked roof with shingles, you may have a difficult time locating a willing contractor when you find yourself in need of roofing services. The reason is that many residential roofing contractors don’t know how to install or perform repairs on unique roof types, such as flat roofs. So when you’re in need of residential flat roof replacement, for instance, you may find yourself up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
The solution is hiring a roofer that has expertise in both commercial and residential roofing. Since flat roofs are a common choice for commercial buildings, the technicians at a dual-service roofing company—one that services both commercial and residential roofs—can bring their commercial roofing expertise to your residential job and provide you with the residential flat roof services you need without it costing a fortune.
Benefits of Flat Roofs
Flat roofs are a common choice for commercial and industrial buildings, but they are a lot less common on North American homes. For homeowners who opt for a flat roof on their house, there are various benefits, including:
- Style – Flat roofs give homes an attractive, modern look with clean lines and unique style.
- Usable Space – One of the reasons flat roofs are an alluring choice for commercial buildings is they turn the top of a building into an extra floor of usable space—and the same principle holds true on a home. When your house has a flat roof, you can utilize that space for a rooftop deck, a rooftop garden and more.
- Cost – Flat roofs are a comparatively low-cost option when initially installed.
- Easy Access – Because they are flat and not pitched, flat roofs are easy to access and walk on. This makes tasks like cleaning gutters, hanging Christmas lights and more much easier to accomplish.
Replacement Isn’t Always Necessary
Did you know that, statistically, roofs are replaced prematurely as much as 70-80 percent of the time? An expert roofing contractor with a good reputation will never advise roof replacement unless there is absolutely no other viable option.
Oftentimes, an outside-the-box roofing solution like applying a high-quality roof coating can delay the need for roof replacement by years. Roof coatings are a popular solution for commercial roofs, and they are an excellent option for a flat residential roof, as well.
A roof coating can fix all of your existing roof’s problems with one application and extend the life of your current roof by many years. A roof coating adds an extra, protective membrane layer over top of an old roof, restoring it to like-new condition at a fraction of the cost that a labor-intensive roof replacement would require. The various benefits of our group’s preferred roof coating include:
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- Fully waterproof solution
- Backed by 40-year reputation
- Guaranteed to extend roof life up to 18 years
- Completely seals your existing roof and protects it from Mother Nature’s elements
- Roof can be re-coated later on for even greater life extension
- No expensive, labor-intensive roof tear-off needed
- Less maintenance and upkeep required
- Can lower roof temperature by up to 80 degrees
When Roof Replacement Is Unavoidable
Sometimes a roof must be replaced and there is no other choice; the time will eventually come when even a well-maintained roof needs replacing. When that time arrives, only a licensed, knowledgeable roofing contractor should ever be engaged to perform the work.
Time and time again, reputable roofers get called in to fix problems that have resulted from an inexperienced roofer performing work on a building. Oftentimes, that shoddy work that wasn’t performed to code leads to bigger, much more expensive problems. As with so many things in life, it’s better to do it right the first time.
A Trusted Source for Reliable Roofers
Finding a reputable roofing professional is easier than you think. If you’d like to choose from among an association of trusted roofing contractors located throughout the United States that are accountable to each other, look no further than the Choice Roof Contractor Group.
We represent a nationwide group of roofing professionals that are located throughout the U.S. Roofing companies who wish to join must meet certain requirements. To locate a CRCG member in your area, call (800) 670-5583 or visit the contact page of the Choice Roof Contractor Group website. One of our friendly roofing professionals will be glad to assist you and connect you with a member in your area.