According to industry statistics, there is currently around 60 billion square feet of residential and commercial metal roofing in the United States. With roof contractors adding an additional 2 billion square feet of metal roofing per year, this roofing material has emerged as one of the most popular roofing options in America.
But like all roofs, metal roofing can experience small issues that can lead to expensive repair needs if left unaddressed. Five common problems that often come up include: metal roof leaks arising from pronounced roof tears; sitting pools of water; rusting arising from prolonged exposure; blow-offs arising from poor roofing installation; and punctures appearing as a result of frequent foot traffic, poor maintenance efforts, or poor or improper installation.
Below, we take a look at one solution that is cost-effective and long-lasting: a metal roof restoration.
Metal Roof Restoration: A Cost-effective Alternative to Roof Replacement
When a metal roof experiences issues, the natural choice may be to opt for a complete roof replacement. However, a roof replacement has several cost factors or other influential dimensions that bear consideration. These include:
- Roof replacement is time-consuming. Consider what is involved with an entire roof replacement: tearing off of all old roofing materials and replacing them with new insulation and new metal paneling. Because this multi-step process takes time to complete, the timing of a building’s operations can be delayed for a long time.
- Roof replacement exposes a building’s contents to outdoor conditions. Because roof replacement involves tearing off old materials and installing new ones in their place, a building’s contents are oftentimes exposed to the outdoor elements. If adequate sheltering is not put into place, the building’s contents may be compromised. That can be a huge business expense, especially if the ruined contents are technological or security equipment-based.
- Roof replacement is more expensive than a roof restoration. With roof replacement, a building owner will incur many costs: tear-off costs, disposal costs, landfill costs, greater material costs by volume of materials used, and more. In fact, it has been estimated that with a Conklin metal roof restoration, a building owner can save up to 50% on avoided roof replacement costs.
- Roof replacement is no guarantee that the same problems will not appear again. Because a new metal roof has the same characteristics as an old metal roof, there is always the likelihood that the roof will encounter the same problems again.
Metal Roof Restoration: Alternative to Roof Replacement or Fixes
Our professional commercial roof contractors provide:
- Roof maintenance & repair
- Inspections & leak detection
- Energy efficient roof systems
- Complete roof replacement
- Roof life-extending solutions
Our Conklin Roofing Solutions
With Conklin’s metal roof restoration solution, building owners can see up to 50% savings in cooling costs for the year. Should your metal roof need a cost-effective, lasting solution against rust or other problems, call us at 800-670-5583 for a free estimate.