Today’s blog post will be of interest to roofing contractors, building owners, facility managers, and other professionals involved in commercial construction. We take a look at the challenges facing the commercial roofing industry today, and how we are helping to address these issues.
According to the 2014 State of the Industry Report by Roofing Contractor Magazine, the following points would be a few obstacles for roof contractors:
- Lack of qualified labor to meet rising demand for skilled roofers
- Hiring challenges among business professionals (salespeople, project managers, and account managers)
- Lack of qualified professionals with technical knowledge to hire
- Uncertainty of labor and its costs
- Reduced industry standards caused by disreputable contractors
- Price cutting brought about by dishonest or unqualified roof contractors
For commercial roofing contractors, these issues could hamper business profitability and growth.
Challenges for Roofing Contractors and Building Owners
At a local or regional level, this can impact commercial roofing businesses, building owners, and facility managers in several ways:
- The lack of skilled roofing labor could drive roofing companies to lower hiring standards. In turn, it affects the quality of service and workmanship which their roofers deliver.
- With reduced skilled labor and unclear prospects for hiring new, capable workers, customers can receive lower-quality work and service.
- The need for effective training in commercial roofing techniques, new technologies, and new practices has become greater – and customer demand for roofing expertise is high.
- With subpar contractors offering low bids, experienced contractors might unnecessarily adjust their own prices to lower rates.
- Commercial job opportunities are reduced for roofing contractors due to the uncertainty caused by sluggish economic recovery.
Solutions to Commercial Roofing Industry Problems
At Choice Roof Contractor Group, roofing contractors and building owners can find effective solutions that address these problems. These solutions include:
Extensive technical support
Generally speaking, roofing contractors rely upon product representatives for technical support and on job bids. But product reps might not have direct product application experience. And since commercial roofs can differ in terms of structure, protrusions, rooftop features, application needs, and more, it can be helpful to have technical support that’s seasoned with direct application knowledge.
At Choice Roof Contractor Group, we offer a life time mentorship program. Network members are connected to veteran contractors who are experienced product applicators themselves. These roofing mentors are accessible via phone, text, video, and other communication avenues. With this support, contractors and building owners benefit from the increased service premium.
Credible commercial roofing training
With the gap between demand for skilled roofing labor and actual labor supply, the need for effective worker training is high. Through our partnership with Conklin, commercial roofing companies are connected with one of the most comprehensive roofing training programs in the industry today.
In this roof systems training, contractors are given dozens of man-hours in classroom instruction and hands-on experience. With Conklin’s two-tiered training sessions, they are trained in the ins-and-outs of all commercial roof systems. And our nationwide group continues to nurture this gained knowledge and skill set with our life time mentorship support.
In our nationwide group, we offer another service premium that is almost unheard of in the commercial roofing industry. That is on-site assistance with sales presentations and job completion. Because of our business model, we are successful when our members are successful – and our experienced mentors can come out to help contractors bid on jobs and help them complete roof projects.
Our professional commercial roof contractors provide:
- Roof maintenance & repair
- Inspections & leak detection
- Energy efficient roof systems
- Complete roof replacement
- Roof life-extending solutions
With all of this and more, our network members learn to convey their value at the prices they set, provide premium service to customers, and have ongoing, professional service available for their existing customer base. They also have the complete support of our nationwide group should they need it.
We also offer other benefits, including commercial lead generation, discounted product pricing, our nationwide connections via our network, our nationwide reputation for excellence, and more. Building owners trust our members for their high standards of excellence and service, as well.
Should you be interested in learning how we can help you, call us at (800) 670-5583. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing how we can serve your needs.