Warning: Use of undefined constant is_author - assumed 'is_author' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/choice2/public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-plus-author/google-plus-author.php on line 37
Warning: Use of undefined constant is_author - assumed 'is_author' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/choice2/public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-plus-author/google-plus-author.php on line 56
Just take a quick glance over the Internet, and it is clear that there is no shortage of complaints for all roofing products, regardless of the manufacturer. Products that are poorly installed, break down, or do not perform as specified; these are just a few examples of problems that customers can encounter.
Although it can be very difficult to find complaints on the roofing systems provided by Conklin, they are not fully exempt from them, either. Where the difference arises from some other roofing product brands, however, is not in the quality or makeup of Conklin roofing products themselves, but the circumstances of their installation.
Conklin’s overall track record gives a clear idea of these roof systems’ efficacy. Conklin roofing systems have been shown to last more than three decades, a long lifecycle for any product in the building industry but especially for coating systems. Plus, there are countless business owners who advocate the Conklin brand. Since 1977, these roofing materials have been installed on over 2 billion square feet of roofing in just the United States alone.
Why Are Conklin Roofing Complaints Around?
Here are a few reasons for why customer complaints arise against Conklin materials:
- Conklin roof products may be improperly installed. This is the most obvious reason for why a roof system would fail. If a roof contractor fails to install the product properly, the consequences can very quickly become evident. For example, before he applies a Conklin roof coating, a roof contractor must fill all cracks that are less than 1/8 in. by 1/8 in. with Kwik Kaulk acrylic latex caulk as a base. He must also apply joint tape to all remaining cracks, joints, and flashing detail. Should the contractor neglect to do this, the reinforcement against the cracks these products provide will be absent. As a result, the crack will persist, and over time weather conditions or wear-and-tear can make the crack become more pronounced.
- Sometimes the contractor does a poor but “proper” installation of Conklin products. If a contractor does not apply a system with care and precision, there is a chance the roof system will fail in the long run. For instance, a base coat of the third-generation Conklin acrylic roof coating, Rapid Roof III must be applied to a spray foam application no later than 72 hours after the spray foam was applied. If applied later, the foam surface will likely bear damage and need to be replaced with a new layer of foam.
- A roof system might be applied in the wrong conditions. Some Conklin roof systems, such as our modified PVC material, Flexion can be applied at all times of the year without consequence. But other roofing materials, such as Benchmark require application in specific weather conditions. For instance, Benchmark must not be applied at temperatures less than 40 degrees Fahrenheit or in inclement weather.
Our Network’s Quality Service
Need an Expert?
Our group works together to provide:
- Larger Base of Knowledge
- Group-Wide Accountability
- One Source for All Projects
- Set Standards for Service
- More Peace of Mind
On top of our group’s careful vetting process and comprehensive, proper roof systems training, our members also have around-the-clock access to our group’s most successful and experienced roofers. These “senior mentors” serve as a reference point for any question a new member might have, and they are available through picture text messaging, social media, telephone, or other forms of communication. This around-the-clock access ensures that building owners receive first-rate service from truly professional contractors with exceptional reference sources and support.
For more information about how a Choice Roof Contractor can help you with your needs, call us today at 800-670-5583.Ian Myers