When it’s time to install a new commercial roof on your building, you may feel unsure about where to turn or what you should look for in a roofing company.
You may be debating about whether to choose one of the largest commercial roofing companies or to go with a local contractor in your area. Both choices have their benefits and drawbacks.
Top 5 List + Large Roofing Company Disadvantages
Although working with a larger company provides unique benefits, there are also significant drawbacks. Many building owners will simply accept these disadvantages because they feel safer going with a large company.
America’s Top Commercial Roofing Companies (by size)
- CentiMark Corporation: Headquartered in Canonsburg, PA, it has 80 offices located throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Tecta America Corporation: Based in Rosemont, IL, Tecta American Corporation features 54 locations throughout the U.S.
- Baker Roofing Company: Focused on the Southeast, Baker Roofing Company has 20 locations and a corporate office in Raleigh, NC.
- Nations Roof: Spread throughout the U.S. with 21 offices as well as a series of Network Partners, Nations Roof is headquartered in Lithia Springs, GA.
- Mr. Roof: With seven locations in the Midwest, East and South parts of the U.S., Mr. Roof’s home base resides in Fairfield, OH.
- It’s Just a Paycheck: With a large roofing company, you’re always working with employees and subcontractors. An employee doesn’t care about the customer in the same way the owner does.
- Luck of the Draw: You never know who is going to work on your roof. If you check a nationwide company’s reviews, you will likely see a significant difference in each customer’s experience; this is because your experience depends greatly on the project manager and foreman you end up with. On this same note, employee turnover rate can be high in a big company, so the real-world local experience is typically lower on average than a committed roofing technician who personally owns a local company.
- Please Take a Number: If you have a question or concern, it can be much harder to get an answer when you’re working with a large company—you may spend more time navigating an automated phone system than you will talking to an actual human being.
- Out of Luck: While a larger company may have more resources to pull from when completing your project, it is often not economically viable for them to help you with certain smaller roof problems down the road—problems a smaller company with their office nearby may be only too happy to tackle for you as part of protecting a valuable local relationship.
- Bigger Isn’t Always Better: A large roofing company may have over 300 employees—but if 200 of them are located in Texas and 100 are in Florida, that isn’t going to help your Ohio business much when you need roof repairs. If a company’s nearest office is far away, the company will likely be slow to respond to your small repair or maintenance needs. And remember: Minor issues are what lead to major ones.
Drawbacks of Independent Contractors *without Association*
Along the same lines, there are risks and disadvantages when you’re working with an independent local contractor without association, including reduced accountability, a lack of dependable guarantees, and limited access to expertise. Many of the local options available to building owners are residential-focused contractors who only occasionally do commercial jobs and don’t have the experience needed for all the scenarios encountered on a commercial building.
Fortunately, building owners and facility managers have a third option when it comes to commercial roofing—one that gives them the best of both worlds: a dependable guarantee, accountability, far-reaching experience and plentiful options afforded by a large national company along with the personalized service, conveniences and accessibility of choosing a contractor in their own area.
The Best of Both Worlds
Choice Roof Contractor Group is a nationwide association of commercial roofing contractors who are among the best the commercial roofing industry has to offer.
When you work with this group, the complicated process of selecting a roofing company becomes an incredibly simple one. We are a one-stop shop where you can find a reputable commercial roofer nearby that will install a high-quality roof on your building, offer a trusted workmanship and manufacture-backed warranty, and offer you all the benefits of a large national roofing company along with the personalized service and accessibility of an independent local contractor.
Who says you can’t have it all!
The Choice Roof Contractor Group (CRCG) Advantage
Choosing a contractor within the CRCG network gives you all the advantages of working with a national company and all the conveniences of using a local contractor—without the drawbacks:
|Local Office in Your Area||✗||✓|
|Quality Product Requirements||✓||✓|
|One Source for All Projects||✓||✓|
|Accountability to Other Contractors||✗||✓|
|Set Standards for Service||✓||✓|
|Support Local Economy||✗||✓|
CRCG provides you with one authoritative source where you can find a commercial roofing company that has been pre-vetted and has tremendous resources, just like the bigger companies.
Through Choice Roof Contractor Group, you will be able to find the right roofing contractor for your building—and with free local estimates, you will be sure to get a price quote you are comfortable with. Plus, you’ll be able to take advantage of these benefits from our Choice Roof Contractor Group members:
Need an Expert?
Our group works together to provide:
- Larger Base of Knowledge
- Group-Wide Accountability
- One Source for All Projects
- Set Standards for Service
- More Peace of Mind
- Commitment to Excellence: Roofing companies that are part of Choice Roof Contractor Group earn their endorsement. We have selected them for membership with Choice Roof Contractor Group because they met or exceeded our criteria to be endorsed.
- Trained Professionals: Using CRCG to find a commercial roofing contractor means access to exceptional non-prorated manufacturer warranties you can rely on. All of our endorsed members are factory trained and have in-the-field experience so they can provide the highest level of work. You can rest assured that you are getting a professional commercial roofing company when you choose one of our members.
- Local Experience: By working with a local commercial roofing company, you are supporting a hometown business just like your own. These roofing companies truly care about their business, their local reputation and their employees, and they are committed to serving you and your needs. Keeping it local also keeps money in your own community.
- Measureless Knowledge: Our national team of independent contractors pool together their knowledge and resources to help each other tackle any project that comes in.
For more information, let us put you in touch with one of our members today at (800) 670-5583. We look forward to speaking with you!