For 40+ years, Conklin roof coating systems have proven resilient. They have provided durable, leak-resistant protection in all manner of climate conditions across the United States. And since it created the first acrylic elastomeric roof coating in 1977, Conklin has been at the forefront of product innovation.
But exactly what do Conklin roof coating systems have to offer? How do they measure up in terms of product lifespan? For illustration, let’s take a look at a project profile below.
Conklin Roof Coating System and 30+ Year Record
On a trip in Scottsdale, Arizona, a Conklin Master Contractor shared a powerful story. On a property where he was doing a re-roofing job, a Conklin roof coating system had kept a property addition leak-free for 30+ years.
The product which had been applied was Conklin’s original Rapid Roof® coating system. During that time, the property’s main, shingled roof had been replaced twice because of intensive hail and wind damage. Notably, in one torrential storm, a wave of large hail passed through the area.
The hail was so big, it destroyed the 1’x8′ deckboards underneath the shingles – but the Rapid Roof® coating went without damage. During its 30+ years of performance, this Conklin® roofing system received minimal maintenance.
After three decades, this roof finally started leaking due to flashing and fastener failures – later confirmation showed the coating was still going strong.
Other Cases of Long Life-Cycle
There are other roofing projects on which Conklin roofing systems have provided exceptional, long-term protection.
- In Kansas, a Conklin-restored metal roof has gone without leaks for 23 years and counting – with minimal maintenance
- On a 18,000 square foot section and another 56,700 square foot section of a manufacturing facility in Delaware, two Conklin spray foam roofing systems were recoated after 20 years
- These roofs were recoated just for Conklin’s warranty program renewal – they were still without any trouble at the time of recoating
Why Conklin Roofing Systems?
Choice Roof Contractor Group uses Conklin products because of their performance record, among other reasons. Many high-profile companies have opted for Conklin roofing systems on their buildings, including:
- Holiday Inn
- Burger King
- Dairy Queen
- Lockheed Martin
- John Deere
- General Dynamics
- Georgia Pacific
- Best Western
Other Benefits of Conklin Roofs
With the credibility of these high-profile projects and more, Conklin has a strong record. Here are a few other reasons why Conklin products are so compelling:
- 2+ billion square nationwide and growing
- Completely seam-free, fully adhered, and waterproof
- Add 20 years or more to an old, existing roof’s life
- Resist hurricane-force winds, hail, solar radiation, decay & more
- Class A fire resistance
- Consistently meets highest standards for performance
- Expand and contract with temperature changes
- No costly roof tear-off and replacement involved
- Up to 85% reflectivity of the sun’s UV rays
- Can give 30-50% yearly A/C cost savings
- Capable of lowering roof temperature by 80°
- And more
These roofing systems can be backed with optional, non-prorated warranties. They retain their extent of coverage for the warranty’s duration, and they are backed by guarantees spanning up to 20 years!
Should you be interested in learning more, give us a call at (800) 670-5583. For facility owners and managers, we offer free local estimates from our qualified contractors. And qualified contractors who join our network get complete support. This includes: mentorship from experienced roofers, complete roof application & sales training, connections to our nationwide partners & connections, dedicated marketing support, and more.