Things have been moving at neck-breaking speed here at Choice Roof Contractor Group this year. Nationwide interest in our free lead generation, life time mentorship and support, and other benefits continues to reach higher levels. In addition, our dedicated team has been steadfastly looking for new ways to create new business opportunities for our contractors, as well as ways to strengthen existing ones.
It is worth a moment to highlight the story of one of our newest members: KCI Roofing out of Covington, Georgia. Since they attended Conklin’s commercial roofing training program in August, company owner Shane Kitchens, Jason Perhacs, and other members of the company have hit the ground running. And they have been seeing some tremendous results with our network’s support and, more importantly, due to their drive to expand quickly.
In short, their foray into commercial roofing has been nothing short of explosive.
The Back Story
Before getting into the details: a little background on KCI Roofing. Based out of central Georgia, KCI Roofing has been in the roofing industry for 50 years. They have steadily grown into a large residential roofing company, and have done as much as $12 million in annual sales, with 25 salespeople and offices in multiple states. Having built up a strong presence in residential roofing, they have now turned to commercial roofing opportunities throughout Georgia.
Just a few weeks ago, KCI Roofing received a 54,000 square foot roofing lead from us. And having reached out to old connections, they have begun opening up doors to look at many other commercial roofing projects, as well.
To help them with bidding on these roofs, Senior Mentor Sam Hostetler flew down to Georgia. As part of our life time mentorship and support program, Sam was on-site to help Shane and Jason look over different roofing projects, make sales and product demonstrations to client prospects, become more knowledgeable of Conklin product’s versatility and applicability, and more. The prospective clients were also impressed by the fact that Shane and Jason had strong ties to experienced, capable roofers who know the full merits of Conklin’s product line.
Over a period of about a week, Shane and Jason grew even more confident in their understanding of the dynamics of the commercial roofing market, as well as how Conklin’s roof coatings and other products offer value. Overall, the takeaways from Sam’s week-long assistance, and their own efforts to plunge forward, were tremendous.
As a result of Sam’s week-long trip and KCI Roof’s energetic entrance into commercial roofing, the following highlights have come to the fray:
- KCI Roofing is currently in the bidding and prospect stage of a 400,000+ square foot flat roof on a school in Georgia. This roof has three sections where restoration work is needed badly. In these areas, officials have agreed to have a Conklin product test run be done. Based on his extensive sales background, Sam rates KCI’s chances of closing the entire project as “excellent.” (Update 12-19-14: We helped install a foam and coatings system on the first part this week.)
- KCI Roofing currently has prospects for an additional 2-3 million square feet of roofing in the surrounding communities.
- On top of the product testing in the three sections, KCI Roofing and Choice Roof Contractor Group will be hosting the school superintendent on a business trip in Missouri. There, they will walk some roofs that had Conklin products applied on it years ago—and that have not had trouble to this day.
- KCI Roofing has been actively putting out bids on other flat roofs and metal roofs in their surrounding communities—and has been getting tremendous feedback on the energy-efficiency and cost savings offered by Conklin’s roof restoration systems.
- Sam shares his excitement for KCI Roofing and the future, as it is clear there are tremendous commercial roofing market opportunities in Georgia, based on his recent nationwide tour and his week-long trip there.
- KCI Roofing is busily engaging in telephone outreach efforts throughout Georgia and has been highly successful in arranging on-site roof evaluations.
KCI Roofing’s Perspective
When asked for his thoughts on what has happened, Shane shared that he is impressed with the extent to which our network has helped them in their efforts. Now he and his team are much stronger and more confident in approaching commercial prospects, in carrying out effective sales presentations for interested prospects, and in their overall commercial roofing knowledge.
Shane also spoke of how being able to call up an experienced roofer for on-site coaching and camaraderie-building was of enormous value. Now that Sam has helped them with this initial groundwork, the KCI Roofing team continues to make cold calls to their neighboring communities — and they have been getting even more notable requests from local businesses for bids!
With KCI Roofing’s exceptional experience in the roofing industry, confidence, and Sam’s own assistance, the opportunities for this dedicated team are truly limitless. With our partner Top Roof Marketing’s assistance, they are expecting great things on the horizon. Notably, experienced contractors from South Dakota and Ohio will be heading down to Georgia in the wintertime to help KCI Roofing with additional projects. It is yet another facet of how our network can connect enterprising contractors to experienced professionals—even if they are across the country.
Outlooks, Future Plans, and Closing Thoughts
Contractors join our network to receive:
- Network-backed Guarantees
- Support from Fellow Roofers
- Shared Marketing Strategies
- Group Discount Purchasing
- Occasional Leads
- For us, the opportunity to work with KCI Roofing for a week, and see such great results come from it, is another strong validation of our network’s support model.
- Newer and experienced contractors alike benefit from our mentorship from successful contractors like Sam, free lead generation, professional commercial roofing training, key partnerships, and more.
- Sam also reinforces that our network stands out for the level of support it offers. Simply put, there are few opportunities today in which new commercial contractors can benefit directly from the guidance and assistance of a veteran contractor and product expert, right on the job site.
- For the future, Shane says that “he’s surprised by all the opportunities opening up with him.” He also relays his excitement about “opening up the Southeast with Conklin products while representing Choice Roof Contractor Group with quality service and trust.”
- On top of what they are doing, Shane plans to establish an office in southern Georgia. And he is in the process of hiring and training a commercial roofing telemarketer for even greater outreach.
You Can Benefit, As Well
On top of free lead generation, mentorship, professional training, nationwide reputation, discounted products, and more, Choice Roof Contractor Group offers great job opportunities through our extensive business relationships. We have been privileged to serve some of the biggest franchises and nationally known brands in the United States.
Should you be interested in more commercial roofing projects, give us a call at (800) 670-5583. We will be happy to share more details of how our network members have been growing to new heights with our help!