There is no time like the present to break into the commercial roofing market. The economy is booming, business owners are continuing to look for trusted contractors, and no matter what happens to the economy in the future, roofs still must perform.
The most important aspect of your roofing company will begin with sales. To maximize success, start with these tips.
Always Bring Your “A Game”
The most important tip to running a successful business is bringing in sales to keep everyone employed. When you visit a business owner to provide them with a quote for their roof, your first step is to exude confidence. Your confidence in your business and product offerings is what will help lead you to your potential client having confidence in you. Without this, it is difficult to convince business owners to partner with your company.
A few other tips include:
- Always appear professional from the beginning
- Focus on educating your client, not closing them
- Provide multiple options for roofing solutions
- Listen to your client’s needs and address any concerns
- Offer information about warranty options
Once you begin to close sales consistently, you’re on your way to having a successful career in the commercial market.
Running Your Business
Contractors join our network to receive:
- Support from Fellow Roofers
- Shared Marketing Strategies
- Group Discount Purchasing
- Assistance with Projects
Operating a roofing company is more than just sales. In order to be successful, you need to create a plan to succeed. The main areas to also consider include:
- Marketing – How are your clients going to find you? What is your professional image?
- Operation – Are you handling the services yourself? Are you trusting technicians?
- Administration – What is your CRM, accounting, and other software needs? Do you require office staff?
Set aside time to address all these different business areas before you begin. Lay out a plan to create and implement each one. These will be your foundations to success. Be sure to reach out to other contractor networks, like Choice Roof Contractor Group, who are filled with knowledge that they are willing to share to help your success.
To read more about starting a business, visit the many blogs we’ve posted over the years in this category: Blogs about Starting a Commercial Roofing Business.
To learn more about how we can help you begin your successful roofing career, call 1-800-670-5583.