Today, as part of our “Starting a Commercial Roofing Business” blog series, we cover the second essential step of a business start-up: selecting the roofing products that offer the most customer value.
Why is Roofing Product Quality Important?
There are quite a few reasons why the roofing materials you select and use for your services are important.
1) The roofing products you use show your level of commitment to your customer’s needs.
This is the most important reason behind why you should use quality materials. Roofing services are a big investment, and a customer does not want to be shelling out money for defects such as leaks every time a major storm hits. The products you use, therefore, will be an indicator by which prospects determine the value – or lack thereof – which you have to offer them.
2) Your product choice demonstrates your business’ level of professionalism.
Because the ultimate goal of roofing service is to take care of current issues and prevent future ones as much as possible, the use of shoddy or less-than-good-quality products can tarnish a contractor’s reputation over time. If a roof requires repairing or maintenance often, that is a sign that the materials either were not installed properly, or the materials themselves do not offer the best protection. Plus, as a contractor completes more jobs over time, he develops a professional reputation according to the collective reviews and feedback of all whom he has served. If he has a track record of a few instances of poor workmanship, opportunities for new jobs, especially bigger and more profitable ones, will be shut off to him.
3) Choosing a product brand that offers materials for multiple roof types will give you greater market variety.
Many contractors choose to specialize in servicing only a few roof types, such as single-ply roofs in cold-climate regions, especially if those are the most prevalent in their areas. But for business owners who want to maximize their market reach, selection of a brand with materials for multiple roof types will enable them to cover more customer needs. That does not mean that they have to constantly warehouse material types for roofs they do not normally service. However, choosing a product line that offers versatility and is known for quality is a winning formula, as a business owner can quickly pick up other materials when he or she needs them for a particular job.
4) When you use an established (and likely well-known) brand, you are associated with that brand’s excellence and performance quality, increasing your buyer attractiveness.
Material brands that have been around for a long time are more likely to be well-known. If you choose a brand that has existed for decades, it only increases your credibility as customers associate your business with that brand’s excellence.
Many roof products are often updated or improved upon over time as well. If you align yourself with a product brand that has largely remained unchanged – that is likely because the product was engineered well the first time it was developed – you will increase your value proposition even more, from a prospect’s standpoint.
Our Network’s Commitment to Quality Standards
Why Contractors Join Our Network
- Lead Generation
- Mentorship Program
- Complete Training
- Discounted Pricing
- Marketing Support
While material brands in this industry have undergone change or come and gone, Conklin roofing systems have almost entirely remained unchanged, a big testament to their quality and performance ability. In fact, many Conklin systems that were installed on top of buildings back in the 1970s are still going strong. With these products’ long-lasting durability, established reputation, and proven performance record, it is no secret why Choice Roof Contractor Group endorses it so heavily.
Here is a comprehensive list of reasons of why Conklin products are the best.
Other Exclusive Benefits and Advantages
Choice Roof Contractor Group leverages a unique, full-service platform to ensure that contractors are fully empowered for strong market gains. The benefits our platform offers include:
- Full Conklin systems training so new contractors can jump into commercial roofing quickly and effectively
- Leads of building owners more than ready to engage a contractor’s services
- Sales coaching from expert mentors on how to close sales and scale a business to new heights
- Expert marketing and sales support and advisement
- Shared installation expertise and labor resources
- Compelling sales materials and documentation for professional imaging and marketing
- Access to highly successful roof professionals who know what it takes to succeed—and will help you do it, too
Our contractor group is completely committed to your needs and success. With all of these benefits and more, you can rapidly build a commercial roofing business.Ian Myers