What a wild ride it has been the past 7 years!
Choice Roof Contractor Group was established as a nationwide brand to help commercial roofing contractors work together while concurrently providing better service to building owners. This idea has made an incredible impact on the industry. To learn more about our initial challenges and achievements to get to this point, visit the following blog: The First 5 Years.
As we head into the start of a new roofing season, we look back at what has created the most success for our group and the members that are part of it.
Fostering Industry Growth through Education
The commercial roofing industry has been the beneficiary of innumerable technological advances over the last decade. Improvements in materials, installation techniques, safety and other areas have made us more efficient and cost effective.
However, none of that technology does any good for a roofing company if its team isn’t aware. To make education more readily available, Choice Roof Contractor Group has been instrumental in developing multi-platform educational tools.
Social Media. With a presence on all the major social media platforms, Choice Roof Contractor Group has more than 1,600 followers directly and over 3,000 followers collectively via closely affiliated brands. Information presented on these social media platforms include links to podcasts, video presentations, blogs, e-books, and other forms of educational information, allowing almost any user instant access. All these opportunities are provided at no charge.
Newsletter. A weekly newsletter is provided to everyone interested in elevating their commercial roofing business. This newsletter links to a minimum of 5 blogs, each providing valuable information, statistics, client viewpoints and other, relevant information designed to improve the commercial roofing organization. This newsletter is currently being distributed to over 1,700 subscribers every single week. Within the last few months, a total re-design has been completed, with updated, topical content being the focus.
Videos & podcasts. Working closely with leaders in the space, Choice Roof Contractor Group is involved in the production of 2 live video broadcasts monthly. Offering guest speakers that include industry leaders, as well as peripheral service experts, we cover the spectrum of commercial roofing related concerns. Topics have included everything from growing your commercial roofing business to better bottom-line accounting. Each episode is available on over 15 different podcast directories, including Google Podcast, Apple Podcast and Pandora.
Workshops & Trainings. Working with our group members and Conklin personnel, Choice Roof Contractor Group has provided information on over 30 different workshops and in-person training opportunities.
Blogs. Since 2013, when we first launched this website, we have produced a LOT of written information! In the form of blogs, these power-packed publications are generally less than 1200 words long, yet still convey the crucial information. With 200+ blogs available, a short list of the 10 most popular might be helpful.
- The Truth About Aluminum Roof Coatings. Identifies 8 common problems with aluminum roof coatings an provides a valuable alternative.
- Types of Commercial Roofing Materials. Discusses pros and cons of the 6 most common types of materials you work with daily.
- Roofing Tools and Equipment List. Outlines everything from the basic to the specialty tool/equipment need a commercial roofer should expect.
- Commercial Roof Replacement Cost. A customer-focused piece that not only addresses cost, but alternatives to roofing replacement.
- The Truth About Spray Polyurethane Foam Roofing Problems. Examines some of the myths surrounding SPF and its disadvantages.
- Commercial Metal Roofing Prices. In addition to pricing at the time, this blog also discusses different types of metal roofing and the advantages of each.
- Largest Commercial Roofing Companies. A look at the top 5 biggest disadvantages a large roofing company brings.
- How Long Do Roof Coatings Last? Information every contractor should be able to convey to his customers.
- OSHA Commercial Roofing Regulations. An examination of those regulation that directly impact our industry.
- Is it Legal for a Roofer to Absorb My Insurance Deductible? An ethical quandary is examined.
As exciting as the past 7 years has been, we are doubly enthusiastic about what the future holds for all of us. Though our industry has faced challenge and adversity over the past 12 months, the Choice Roof Contractor Group remains steadfast in its efforts to provide you and your company with all the information it needs to be successful and profitable over the next 7 years and beyond.
If you would like more information or are interested in joining this group, please call us at 800-670-5583 or reach out to us on the contact page.
Here’s to a happy, profitable and healthy 2021.