Take a good look at any successful entrepreneur, and you’ll likely notice one thing that’s probably common to them all. All well-to-do businesspeople set goals and then strive for them. In many ways, it’s common sense: goals provide a concrete sense of what you’re aiming for, a benchmark for how you’ll achieve it, and a baseline from which you’ll start. What may be surprising, though, is just how often successful entrepreneurs set goals—on a daily basis! In retrospect, though, it makes sense.
Over the long term, achieving success requires good daily habits. After all, the most-successful businesspeople are constantly educating themselves and improving their knowledge, skill set, and overall capabilities. If someone desires to build and run a successful company, habituating and practicing these good habits is essential.
7 Things to Aim for Daily
1. Plan Your Day Out. Toward the beginning of the day—preferably as soon as it begins—it’s wise to take a look at your calendar and map out what your day’s going to look like. If you work better at a certain time of day, set aside time blocks in those hours for getting important things done. Be sure to keep on top of these tasks for the day, and follow through on them to ensure they are accomplished. Over time, those daily task completions will lead to new company developments that’ll be worth all the effort you put in.
2. Put a Premium on Your Time. Of all the resources at your disposal, time is the one resource you can never get back or ever get enough of. Once it’s gone, there’s no getting it back, so strategic priority-setting is critical. Commit to doing the most important things for you, your company, your goals, and other things that are important, such as family. Avoid distractions, do your homework before any important phone call or meeting, and don’t be afraid to say no to some things.
3. Listen to Others. No one person has all the answers. Being able to listen to others’ input is not only productive, but also necessary. Carefully listening to what others have to say without interrupting also eliminates opportunities for miscommunication or misunderstandings. Of course, those can lead to a need for clarification or shoring-up later on, so careful listening can strengthen a business’ operations, stabilize relations between colleagues, and keep workplace morale up. Don’t forget the importance and inestimable value of saying “please” and “thank you” as well.
4. Remember Your Company’s Goals. As we’ve discussed in a previous blog post, successful businesses aren’t built in a day. It takes time to iron a business’ kinks out, establish proof of concept, and ensuring everything is performing well and up-to-speed. Be sure to take out a little bit of time each day to review your company goals. That’ll help keep you on par and focused on accomplishing what you need to for the day. Taking note of your company successes, such as the most profitable part of your business or a hard-to-get customer that you attracted, will strengthen your daily performance as well.
5. Buckle Down and Focus. One of the most valuable things someone can learn to do is focus on the task in front of him or her. In today’s fast-paced world, it’s easy to be tempted to multi-task or be distracted. Other things, such as small glitches or unimportant details, can be distracting and time-consuming as well. An entrepreneur should cultivate the virtue of flexibility so he or she can adapt when needed. But being able to singularly focus on the task-at-hand and get it done cannot be overstated enough.
6. Get Some Social Time In. Being productive is essential for making sure your daily task list is dwindled down or completed. But one shouldn’t underestimate the importance of taking a small bit of time out for socialization, either. Human beings have a social dimension to them, and it is necessary to get that time in so you maintain a healthy balance between your workload and soundness-of-mind. Taking just a minute or two to fraternize with co-workers and discuss your company’s expansionary plans or what you’ve accomplished can truly do wonders.
7. Keep in Mind There’s only 24 Hours in a Day. It may seem like a rehash of the second point, but it’s not. Since there’s only so much time in a day, prioritizing your daily goals and tasks is very important. Be aware of how this dynamic can play out with others, too. If you have any important calls to make to someone else, be aware of the time within the week that’s best to reach them. Do your co-workers have certain times at which they perform best? Then be respectful of their time so they can maximize their work output. Be committed to your business’ success, but don’t burn yourself or your colleagues out. After all, sometimes even the most-pressing challenges are best tackled with a refreshed outlook. Above all, an excellent guiding principle should be to aim for balance in your life— maintaining a healthy scale between your business, your family, your own responsibilities, your social and spiritual life, and yourself will be of tremendous value to yourself and those around you.
And if you’re just starting off with a new business, be aware of how taking the first step can be the most difficult.
Looking to Build up a Commercial Roofing Business? Choice Roof Contractor Group Can Help!
If you’re looking to take your roofing business to the next level, or you’re just starting out, we can help. Choice Roof Contractor Group offers a specialized, full-support platform for helping you get access to the resources, knowledge, and experts you need for building an enduring success story. Among the many benefits our members enjoy are:
• Free roof leads generation
• Lifetime mentorship from highly-successful and highly-experienced roofing professionals
• Top-of-the-line, effective coaching for closing sales
• Customized, full-service marketing support
• Huge profit potential with discounted roofing products
• Creditable nationwide professional endorsement with our network behind you
• Compelling sales materials and talking points for your success
• So much more!
Our group uses high-performance, energy-efficient Conklin roofing products on commercial jobs. We chose these products because they have been a proven line of roofing solutions for building owners across the United States for over 40+ years. With these great products, many new Conklin roofing contractors report adding a six-figure revenue stream to their bottom by the second quarter of the second year after they started using Conklin products.
For more information about our unique program and how we can help you, please call 800-670-5583 or use our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!