Today, we cover the fifth and final step of our “Starting a Commercial Roofing Business” blog series, establishing profitability.
For long-term sustainability, it is obvious that you must keep bringing revenues in to keep your doors open. In this post, we discuss what is involved at this stage of business development, factors to keep in mind, and the advantages offered by our contractor group platform.
Tips for Success
Now that we have examined the importance of building your brand, selecting the products you will be using for servicing, getting the right training, and marketing properly, which steps should you take next? We cover some thoughts below.
1) Target business owners and commercial building owners with focused marketing campaigns like direct mail drives, email marketing, and in-person meets. Be persistent!
The colder months represent a prime opportunity for you to get your name out there and start establishing early relationships with building owners who may become customers. All seasoned roofers know that leads can take time to nurture from strong prospects into actual clients. Aside from the time you spend completing projects, the colder months can be great for you getting in front of business owners, discussing their needs and showing them your expertise, and building foundations for strong, profitable business relationships down the line.
As you enter the months just toward the end of spring and beginning of summer—April and May are good times – you can send out direct mail pieces to building owners to inform them of your service availability. Polished, engaging, high-quality direct mail pieces are an absolute necessity, as they will likely be the first point of contact a prospective customer has with your company.
In addition to driving greater market awareness of your roofing business, it is not a bad idea to refresh yourself on knowledge content regarding your products, their benefits and advantages, such as how our Conklin products generate great savings in avoided roof replacement costs and energy efficiency. It is worth it to take time to increase your knowledge, enhancing your ability to talk to customer prospects with greater authority.
3) Gather testimonials and incentivize your past or existing customers to refer you to their connections.
Good, credible referrals are the backbone of any well-to-do roofing business, as word-of-mouth advertising is the greatest way to get market exposure in this industry. Gather as many quality referrals as you can from past and existing satisfied customers, and incentivize your customers in some way to share your business contact information with their connections, which will open up more doors for you to bring in even more projects.
4) Make sure your website and online presence in general is professional and up-to-date.
Because as many as 9 out of 10 people look online for local businesses, it is critical for roofing contractors to have websites online in order to maintain strong profit margins for the long haul. Your website is your digital “showroom”, your 24/7 exhibition of your workmanship quality. Making sure it is professional, engaging, to-the-point, and well-representative of you is a recipe for success.
The Choice Roof Contractor Group Advantage
Membership in our nationwide contractor network helps you fulfill the following suggestions above with the following:
- Easy presentation and sales closing of our Conklin roofing systems and benefits and your value with our compelling sales materials
- Strengthening your knowledge of roofing with our up-to-date, high-quality content published on our website, social media platforms, and other communications channels
- Closing sales effectively with proposals that outline our roofing systems’ advantages and benefits, such as huge energy savings year-round, one last time
- Access to high-quality marketing team support, consulting, and campaign design and implementation via our partnership with Top Roof Marketing
- Sales coaching and lifetime mentorship for the lifetime duration of your business, strengthening your opportunities for fast-tracked success
- Association with our nationwide reputation for excellence, quality standards, and sensitivity toward customers’ needs.
Contact us today to learn how you can take advantage of the benefits offered by our platform, and so much more!