Today, we take a look at the market opportunities for commercial roof coatings in the United States.
According to the research firm BCC Research, in 2011 the North American commercial roof coatings market was valued at $750 million. BCC Research reports that it expects this market to increase by a compound annual growth rate of 4.5% between 2011 and 2016—in 2016, the market is projected to achieve a total value of $984 million.
BCC Research pins the expected growth on a number of factors, including:
- Governmental regulations and compliance standards
- Increased demand for stronger business profitability
- Tax law dynamics or changes
- Increased heating and cooling costs
- State-based building energy efficiency programs
- Old roofs reaching their life expectancy or failing
At the time of its report, there were over 350,000 contractors serving customers in the residential and commercial roofing markets in North America.
Commercial Roof Coatings and Increased Demand for Green Building Materials
The increasing market for commercial roof coatings lines up with projected increasing demand for green building materials in the United States. The Freedonia Group, a market research firm, said in one of its Green Building Reports that strong demand for green building materials in the United States will lead to a green building products market worth $86.6 billion in 2017. The Freedonia Group also projects that demand for U.S. green building materials will increase 11 percent per year.
Through the ENERGY STAR® program, the United States Environmental Protection Agency reports that green building construction has reached a new high. According to content on EnergyStar.gov, “in the United States, the green share of the U.S. nonresidential construction market grew from two percent in 2005 to 44 percent in 2012.”
Commercial Roof Coatings Industry Growth Driven by Energy Demands
There are a few general economic indicators that can also illustrate the market growth opportunities for commercial roof coatings. One area in which these economic indicators can be found is in energy usage and increased governmental efforts to reduce American energy consumption. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, building owners and roof contractors have utilized cool roof products on residential, industrial, and commercial buildings for over 20 years. Cool roof systems stand out for their ability to reflect sunlight and heat away from a building as well as emit absorbed heat.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency also reports that roofing material suppliers have been steadily bringing-to-market roofing products that meet minimal, tailored standards for solar reflectivity and overall reliability. Through its ENERGY STAR® program, the agency has been pushing for private-sector suppliers and vendors to voluntarily produce and market cool roof systems that meet these criteria. This influence has become quite pronounced. In a 2006 survey of over 150 ENERGY STAR® partners, the Environmental Protection Agency found that cool roof products accounted for over 25 percent of the manufacturers’ commercial roofing products and almost 10 percent of the manufacturers’ residential roofing ones.
Why Contractors Join Our Network
- Lead Generation
- Mentorship Program
- Complete Training
- Discounted Pricing
- Marketing Support
- There are over 5 million commercial buildings in the U.S.
- Combined annual energy costs for these buildings is $202.3 billion
- American energy usage is expected to climb by 40 percent by 2025
- Inefficient or unnecessary energy usage in American buildings is 30 percent
- Americans spend around $40 billion per year to cool their buildings
It is clear that American energy usage and demand can bring about greater market opportunities for commercial roof coatings.
Other Thoughts on Roof Coatings
Because the commercial roofing marketplace is already extremely competitive, commercial roof contractors must strongly position themselves to take advantage of these opportunities. For landing big jobs on sizable commercial roofs, they must present themselves as true professionals and show that they can provide exceptional value to prospective customers.
While staying competitive in often-hyper-competitive local roofing markets can often be a challenge, Choice Roof Contractor Group offers roof contractors the support they need. Members of Choice Roof Contractor Group benefit from an exclusive slew of advantages and benefits including:
- High-quality leads that are likely to convert
- Discounted top-quality roofing product pricing
- Personalized, full-service support from a marketing firm focused only on commercial roofing
- Lifetime access to highly successful and experienced commercial roofing contractors
- Support and backing from a committed national support team
- Strong reputation given by Choice Roof Contractor Group’s established nationwide credibility
- Compelling marketing and sales materials that position you as a true, reliable roofing professional
Once you join Choice Roof Contractor Group, our team is 100% behind you! Call us today at 800-670-5583 to learn how our nationwide network of commercial roof contractors is changing the commercial roofing industry and building up their roofing businesses.